(ASX code:CAP) is answering the world’s call for high grade iron ore products.
We are focused on developing our flagship Hawsons Iron Project near Broken Hill, NSW, into a premium producer of high quality iron ore products for the global steel industry.
- The world’s leading undeveloped high-quality iron ore concentrate and pellet feed project
- Capable of producing the world’s best iron ore products (70% Fe)
- Competitive costs within the first quartile of the global iron ore cost curve
- Capital intensity near the lowest of analysts CRU’s basket of concentrate/pellet feed projects globally
- Established rail, road, port and power infrastructure sufficient for start-up production of 10 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Initial planned production of 10 Mtpa already oversubscribed by leading international steelmakers and traders, comprising Bahrain Steel, Emirates Steel and Kuwait Steel from the Middle East; China’s Shagang International; Japan’s Mitsubishi Corporation RtM; Taiwan’s Formosa Plastics; and trading house Gunvor Group; total MOUs comprise 12 Mtpa (120%)
- Prefeasibility study (28 July 2017) shows estimated NPV of US$1.1 billion with 30% equity internal rate of return
- Clear technical and permitting pathway, with project already declared a NSW ‘Significant State Development’
- Soft siltstone ore and clean magnetite crystals allow for simple liberation of a high purity concentrate with low energy (low costs) and without the technical challenges of hard rock magnetite projects.
- JORC Inferred and Indicated Resources of 2.5 billion tonnes – at a magnetite recovery of 14% (Davis Tube Recovery (DTR) at a 9.5% cut off) for 348 million tonnes of high grade (69.7% Fe) concentrate – capable of sustaining a long-term operation and with potential for expansion
- Maiden Probable Reserve announced July 2017 comprising 755 million tonnes at 14.7% DTR, totalling 111 million tonnes of Hawsons Supergrade®
Comments are closed.